Nick Hull

In article ,
"JerryMouse" wrote:

raymondj wrote:
Does anyone use a bench grinder to sharpen lawn mower blades? If so
can you tell me your recommendation and experiences. I am looking for
something where I can get the angle right and won't take forever (like
with a dremel.) I have a bunch of blades to sharpen each year and I
just want to bang them out (and not have to drive to the shop and wait
2 weeks for them to be sharpened.)

Use anything, from a hand file up to a milling machine.

You're not going to use the result to plane antique mahogany furniture, for
heaven's sake - you're cutting grass!

When I was a child, my older brother removed the blade and got it real
sharp and we used it all summer. The next spring he took the blade off
to sharpen it, and it was still razor sharp because he had installed it
upside down so we were cutting with the unsharpened back side of the
blade. No one had noticed any difference in cutting power.

I have used my bush hog for 25 years and haven't sharpened it yet.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/