Stormin Mormon

Don't need accurate. Just grind the bevel side.

Drive a nail in the wall behind your work bench. Hang the blade on the nail
(nail goes through the center mounting bolt hole). Make sure the blade
doesn't rub on the wall.

Hold the blade horizontal, and then let go with your hands. One end of the
blade will go down. That's the heavy end. Grind on the heavy end for a
couple more seconds.

Repeat until the blade hangs horizontal.

Remit $48.50 for consultation, please.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"raymondj" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone use a bench grinder to sharpen lawn mower blades? If so
can you tell me your recommendation and experiences. I am looking for
something where I can get the angle right and won't take forever (like
with a dremel.) I have a bunch of blades to sharpen each year and I
just want to bang them out (and not have to drive to the shop and wait
2 weeks for them to be sharpened.)

I see the Delta sharpening kit has terrible reviews (as do most of the
delta bench grinders.) I did see a special bench grinder with a jig
made for lawn mower blades to set the angle, but the unit was close to
$300.

Can any of the Jet, Baldor, etc be equipped to easily sharpen blades
accurately?