xrongor

if you cant get it sharp enough with a hand file without removing the blade,
you will likely throw the blade out of balance unless you take steps to
prevent this. this will shorten engine life at best and kill you at worst.

randy

"raymondj" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone use a bench grinder to sharpen lawn mower blades? If so
can you tell me your recommendation and experiences. I am looking for
something where I can get the angle right and won't take forever (like
with a dremel.) I have a bunch of blades to sharpen each year and I
just want to bang them out (and not have to drive to the shop and wait
2 weeks for them to be sharpened.)

I see the Delta sharpening kit has terrible reviews (as do most of the
delta bench grinders.) I did see a special bench grinder with a jig
made for lawn mower blades to set the angle, but the unit was close to
$300.

Can any of the Jet, Baldor, etc be equipped to easily sharpen blades
accurately?