Martin

"DanG" wrote in message
news:e_q0d.32133$Ka6.2064@okepread03...
Open up the case. Where the cord enters the cabinet, look for a

fuse. It will look like the old glass tube automotive fuses. If
it has blown, replace it with the same model # from an appliance /
electrical store.

If it runs again, great!!!! If not, junk it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We had a big Sharp Carousel that went dead suddenly after only 34 years. I
never throw anything out so we put it on the shelf and bought a new one.
But mention of the fuse now made me curious, so I took it into the shop,
pulled the fuse, and it was blown. Now my problem is identifying the
current rating of the fuse. I can't read it all because one end is
scratched.

I see "250 VOLT" on one end and "BUSS ABC" on the other end followed by a
"/" and I think a 5. The body is ceramic. The Sharp model number is R-9330
and it uses 1.3 kw.

Would anyone know what the current rating should be and what code if any
they might be using ? If I can find the right fuse and it works, we know
someone who could use it.

Marty