Mike Tomlinson

Default short washing machine drain hose

In article , Kerry Hoskin
writes

Anyway anybody got any ideas? You can buy longer hoses but I can fit a new
one to the machine, so I'm thinking of extending the current one with a bit
of 21mm waste pipe, another drain hose and some jubilee clips.

A word of warning: if the drain hose is that corrugated plastic stuff,
it's quite hard to join it without leaks.

I first tried jubilee clips, which didn't work because water just leaked
past the crushed corrugations in the pipe, then resorted to hot-melt
glue to fill in the gaps between the cavities in the hose and the
coupler, finally wrapping the whole joint in tape. That worked, but
the coupler reduced the bore of the pipe, meaning the machine took
longer to empty. The coupler also frequently got blocked with crap
(this was on a dishwasher) and eventually I got fed up and replaced the
entire hose with a longer one.