Gavin Gillespie

Default short washing machine drain hose

"Kerry Hoskin" wrote in message
Well after finally getting our new Siemens IQ washing machine

delivered in
one piece, at the 4th attempt, we've ran into another problem! The

drain
hose is to short to reach our sinks siphon. Its the bog standard

1.5m, why
they make them so short god only knows the standard length for a

fill hose
seems to be 2.5m.

Washing machine outlet hoses should not go into a sink syphon, but
into a 1.5" standpipe, as per most instruction books. There are
several good reasons for this, including to prevent waste water/grease
from the sink, flowing back into the machine, also any restrictions in
the pipe, i.e. the joint where it attaches to the syphon, provides the
perfect place for a loose button/any build up of fluff etc. to block
the hose, and cause problems later on.
If a connector with a non return valve is used, this is worse than
ever, as it will block 10 times as quick.