John Mathewson

Hi Dave,

I looked up the model number: ZGU660 ES1BG GE Monarch Black Ceramic
Cooktop with 5 gas burners. The schematic diagram on the bottom shows
trigger switches for the 5 burners and an igniter control unit that
drives the piezo sparks. Something in this setup is not right -- I was
wondering if it might be a grounding problem.

Thanks for your help!

John

"Dave Harnish" wrote in message ...
Hi John,

Sounds like valve switches. GE has had their share of problems
with these little switches. Usually one mounted to each burner
valve.

There are about 1/2 zillion different switches in use. Send your
model number & I'll look into it for you. You'll find it either inside
the oven door or behind the bottom broiler drawer.

God bless,

Dave Harnish
Dave's Repair Service
New Albany, PA
www.DavesRepair.com

570-363-2404

I'm a 32-year pro appliance technician, and love sharing what
I've learned - in a FREE Monthly Appliance Tips Newsletter.
(Back issues now posted here too!)
www.DavesRepair.com