Simon Hawthorne

Default Barn conversion - how deep should the footings be.....?

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 17:28:47 -0000, "Peter Taylor"
wrote:

Thanks Simon. Could you tell us what you are planning for the barn. Will it be
for residential use or something else? A lot depends on this as to what advice
to give you.

Peter

Peter
The downstairs will be residential - it is attached to the house
anyway - and I intend to use the four sections as part of the house
(garage/games room/store room/workshop). The upstairs I would like to
let to a small business - maybe 3 people - office based - not retail.
Spoke with my neighbours today - the one closest was happy - the one
the other side said he would object to it being used as a commercial
venture. I suppose my thoughts are that a barn is commercial anyway -
I'd have to change the use for it to become residential.......!
Either way - I intend to keep my neighbours as happy as possible - and
I think I would get permission to convert the first floor to an office
and let it - but I would have to impose some fairly strict rules, so
to speak.
Si

http://www.thehawthornes.org