Andrew McKay

Default Forthcoming Building Regulations on electrical work (Part P)

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 17:26:00 +0100, Andrew McKay
wrote:

On 23 Jul 2003 13:36:22 -0700,
(northern_relayer) wrote:

extracted from:
http://www.odpm.gov.uk/pns/DisplayPN...n_id=2003_0133

For what it's worth I printed that web document and have just written
to my MP, making a few salient points about the probabilities relating
to electrical casualties which take place:

I received a friendly reply from my MP this morning. He basically
agrees with my synopsis of this legislation and is going to take the
matter up with the appropriate minister. His words were "yet another
example of over regulation".

Just to reiterate, my main focus of attack was that implementing this
new scheme "to save lives" would do nothing of the sort, as the vast
majority of fatalities and injuries which had implications for the
electrical supply actually involve appliances and customer-side
wiring, not the behind-the-wall installation. It wasn't ever going to
stop someone being electrocuted because they drove their electric
lawnmower over the power cable.

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our
web site at http://www.handymac.co.uk