Rick Dipper

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 17:50:22 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Jon Harris wrote:
My basic B&D hammer drill just doesn't seem to have the guts to make any
impression on the concrete. What bit should i be using and are there any
other tips you could give this frustrated DIY newbie?!

You need an SDS drill, I'm afraid. Uses a different method of 'hammering'
which is strong enough to go through concrete.

The lintels I fitted last night have a steel rod in the middle, if you
hit this when drilling I would guess your masonary bit will be in big
troubble.

If you have go an inch or so in, they may be what has happened.

Rick