Richard

Default Toothing Brickwork

Hi

Im just about to start bricking up a doorway which will be a support
for an RSJ after I knock some of the existing wall through to form an
arch. I have been told by the structural enginner that I need to fully
bond the new brickwork with the old by toothing it in. Can anybody
give me some advice on how I go about doing this, do I remove every
second course and lay the new brick into the gap?

Also whats the best way to make sure I get a straight line, should I
use a plumb line or not bother due to the gap being so small?

Also what tool should I use to cut the bricks, I was planning on
hiring an electric cutter of some kind.

Thanks!

Richard