Kerry Hoskin

Default short washing machine drain hose

I've not managed to track an extension down anywhere

"PhilÅ" wrote in message
Kerry you can get extensions from most shops, they normally come with a
cable clip to ensure the join is tight.

Only a few quid.

"Kerry Hoskin" wrote in message
Well after finally getting our new Siemens IQ washing machine delivered

in
one piece, at the 4th attempt, we've ran into another problem! The

drain
hose is to short to reach our sinks siphon. Its the bog standard 1.5m,

why
they make them so short god only knows the standard length for a fill

hose
seems to be 2.5m. The machine isn't very far from the sink but the hose

has
to go around a corner, and typically, its on the wrong side of the

machine
so it has to go around the back of the machine as well , all this means

it
doesn't reach. Well it does reach if you stretch it but its then very
tight.

Anyway anybody got any ideas? You can buy longer hoses but I can fit a

new
one to the machine, so I'm thinking of extending the current one with a

bit
of 21mm waste pipe, another drain hose and some jubilee clips.

Kerry