Lowell Holmes

Never in your life nor mine would I put poly on a saw handle. :-)

I was trying to make the point that if after applying blo to a saw handle,
you didn't like the results, you could put some other finish on it over the
blo.

I apply wax to my Lie Nielson handles when they seem to need something.
I have a cherry handle on an old Disston back saw that I made myself (the
handle, not the saw) that has nothing on it.
All this discussion has me thinking about cleaning up the handle on a 1940's
Crafstman handsaw that was my Dad's. It is a 10 point saw filed to a rip
profile, really sweet. As Taj Frid would have told us, it does quite well
for crosscuts as well as rip cuts. I have his 10 point Disston cross cut saw
that is the same vintage. Both saws are a pleasure to use.

"patriarch astDOTnet" patriarch wrote in message
.77...
"Lowell Holmes" wrote in
:

IIRC, the Lie Nielson saws have an oil finish on their handles
. One thing about oil, you can follow with poly as you might desire.

Why, please tell me, would I want to put poly on a handsaw handle?

Or more correctly asked, why would YOU want to put poly on a handsaw
handle?

Patriarch,
not really wanting that to sound as argumentative as it seems to be in
10pt
monospace Courier...