Robert11

Default Questions On Oil Fired Heaters For Residences

Hello:

My present home in New England has gas forced hot water heat, and a
separate gas fired tank heater. Pretty conventional setup.

Looking at new houses, and see some oil fired heating
arrangements, which I'm not too familiar with.

Would like to ask:

a. What are the pros and cons of an oil fired furnace for a home compared
to gas ?

b. Potential oil tank (in basement) leak something to be worried about ?
-how long do the tanks "typically" last ?

c. What type of heater do most folks with oil fired furnaces use for their
hot water ?

d. Relative to (c) above, I saw one house with an electric hot water
tank. What are the pros and cons of this type of system ?
Besides from a "technical" viewpoint, are they (much) more expensive to
operate ?

Anything else I should be asking ?

Much thanks,
Bob