Set Square

Snowman wrote:

My Zanussi dishwasher has stopped emptying - I've checked for
blockages in the filter and snags in the pipe. The water runs out if
I disconnect the waste pipe and lay it down. Seems to me like it's
the pump, although there is a "pump sound" when it's supposed to be
emptying. Any other suggestions before I tip the thing over and
examine the pump?

Peter.

There are several possibilities - some more likely than others:
* failed pump - not rotating even though supplied with power
* pump not being powered - due to programmer or wiring fault
* pump rotating but not pumping

If it sounds as if the pump is running, the last of these is probably the
prime suspect. The impellor could have lost its blades, or come loose on its
shaft. Either way, this would mean a new pump.
--
Cheers,
Set Square