Kerry Hoskin

Default short washing machine drain hose

Well after finally getting our new Siemens IQ washing machine delivered in
one piece, at the 4th attempt, we've ran into another problem! The drain
hose is to short to reach our sinks siphon. Its the bog standard 1.5m, why
they make them so short god only knows the standard length for a fill hose
seems to be 2.5m. The machine isn't very far from the sink but the hose has
to go around a corner, and typically, its on the wrong side of the machine
so it has to go around the back of the machine as well , all this means it
doesn't reach. Well it does reach if you stretch it but its then very
tight.

Anyway anybody got any ideas? You can buy longer hoses but I can fit a new
one to the machine, so I'm thinking of extending the current one with a bit
of 21mm waste pipe, another drain hose and some jubilee clips.

Kerry