Thomas Kendrick

Power nailers are typically used for projects requiring many nails.
Boxes of 2,000 are typically the smallest ones. Boxes of 4,000-5,000
are typical of framing nails.
If you want variety, get a framing hammer and several 1# boxes of
nails.
For framing, 3" bright nails are typically used. Since they are
countersunk, that will completely join 2x material without a sharp
point protruding on the other side.

On 10 Sep 2004 00:04:57 GMT, (Don97623) wrote:

I just ordered a Paslode cordless framing nailer. Now I'm looking at all the
choices there are for nails . . .

A friend has the same nailer, and says he uses the 2-3/8 ring nails for just
about everything.
I'm looking to do fairly general stuff in the short term (shelves, etc.), and
build a garage next spring.

I will probably be using mostly rough cut hemlock 2x's & pine 1x's, so I expect
I'll need some of the longer 3-1/4 nails for framing.
I'd love to get a selection, but can't seem to find nails in smaller
quantities, and don't want to buy large quantities of nails I may not use.

What do people seem to find the most versatile for size & finish, and should I
stick with the Paslode, or are the Grip-Rite and other brands OK to use?

Thanx
Don