Colbyt

"Chuck B." wrote in message
We just went through hurricane Frances and I thought I was going to lose
my garage door at 3 am. Do any of you have any slick ideas on ways to
brace the 16 ft. wooden door from the inside? I have seen the
professional braces using 2x4s against the door with the bottom setting
in a hole cut into the cement floor and some sort of bracket above the
door to hold the 2x4. I don't have a lotta time to fabricate something
or go out and buy parts. I could cut some holes in the floor and perhaps
use 2x4s wedged against the middle of the door. All ideas are eagerly
wanted. Thanks and pray Ivan moves a bit west. Chuck B.

I have absolutely no experience with this sort of thing but I went into the
garage and looked at mine. In your situation I would build two right
angles out of 2x4's at the 5 foot and 11 foot positions and secure it to
the floor using tapcon screws. Over the door I would use scab wood to
secure it to the header above the door.

Best wishes

Colbyt