Richard A.

patriarch wrote:
"Richard A." wrote in
news:9iP%c.55358$nk.46919@okepread05:

I received some plastic bushings free with my Ryobi Router. I tried one
out for the first time, ever, using a template for a handle I'll put
on a tray. I used a 1/4 rabbit bit with the 5/16 inch bushing and a
template. The bushing worked fine for a bit but as I went, it melted
out to about 1/2 inch of the center. I don't have any smaller rabbit
bits but I guess that's what I needed.

Are plastic bushings completely useless or was it just me?

Richard

Even the really 'value-engineered', made-in-the-lowest-labor-cost-this-
year-country are generally made of something that looks to be brass.

And if you consider the heat generated by spinning a bit through solid wood
at, oh, 18,000 rpm, you'll understand that it wasn't likely your technique.

What's indicated, at least for now, is a visit to www.patwarner.com. Then
you can figure out what you should do next. Pat is a router guru of the
first order, and writes well, too.

Cheer up, and chalk this one up to experience. Nobody bled, right?

Patriarch

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll go check out that site now.