Koz

Hehehe.....Selectrics do the TH in superscript (if you have the right
ball) which foils at least half their premise. Can't remember exactly
but I seem to remember the better models did have variable spacing
(kerning) of the text (my memory only, not guaranteed). I believe that
was one of the selling points to pay the big bucks for a selectric
rather than the other brand.

And...the premise that one could print out in MS word and the size match
would be exact is laughable. That thing has been copied so many times
that one could only match relative sizes, not overall size....anyone who
has been re-faxed their own fax knows the size changes and there are
distortions with each scan and reproduction.

Not saying whether they are fakes or not (didn't see the article) but
the arguments used in this website are preaching to the chior...only
believable if you really want to believe anyway.

We'll never really know as Mr Bush's records from the military seem to
have mostly disappeared to the same black hole as his Texas driving
records and (alleged) convictions and arrests.

Koz

Jim Stewart wrote:

Slashdot had a link to this site:

http://shapeofdays.typepad.com/the_s...are_quest.html