Ed Sirett

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 10:39:31 +0100, stuart noble wrote:

Anyone know how close to a plastic bath waste you can position a boiler
flue? IIRC 75mm is the rule, but would a deflector enable you to get closer?
Or maybe the bath waste itself could be replaced by the type of heat
resistant plastic used in condensing boilers?
In this instance every little helps since CORGI man decided to use the old
flue hole, leaving the base of the new boiler just 2" above the kitchen
worktop. Told the customer it was "the law". By my reckoning it could go up
at least 15".
Any thoughts appreciated.

1) See if you can download the manual for that particular model this is
the difinitive answer.

2) It will depend on the flue type and the rating of the boiler.
but typically this is 75mm for a typcial fan assisted flue/duct.
(I ues that must be clear minimum and not
between centres as that would be very close).

3) The issue might not be so much about heat from the flue but
restricting the path for the air intake.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk