oparr

So how does one find a foot switch

Got mine at Sears. It has an electrical cord with three prong plug and
socket for the drill (or whatever) on the switch body, plug and play,
nothing to wire. Note that you basically want an on/off switch, not to be
confused with some variable speed foot pedals for sewing machines etc. MMC
et al should also carry them.

"Rex B" wrote in message
On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 17:28:01 GMT, "oparr" wrote:

||Thanks all for the advice.
||Jon,
||I'll use lubrication and clamp the workpiece well to minimize chatter
and
||spin at my lowest available speed (around 600 RPM).
||Ray,
||I'm a foot switch nut, use it with all rotary tools, can't see how
anyone
||could use a drill press without one. I even use it with a miter saw in
case
||my finger "freezes" on the button in time of danger.

So how does one find a foot switch, and wire it?
Are there OTS switches?

Texas Parts Guy