Brian Sharrock

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
SteveS wrote:
To answer your question, given the temperature extremes it is likely to
be subjected to, I wouldn't think an epoxy repair would last long.

And I thought they glued planes together...;-)

Aircraft are "mod'ded", kept up to date and in flying
condition by the approval of a 'Technical Change Committee'.
Submissions are made to the committee for changes giving
details of the 'change' requested, the effect on spares holding,
weight and balance and everyother thing that mankind can
think of. Your posting reminded me of one Technical Change
Proposal for the XXXX - it included a plaintive note from
the engineer ;- "We've tried everything, and not even Araldite
will hold it!". Pop-rivets, holding, qty (lots) were approved.

--

Brian