RickS

10. There was one large piece of scrap metal also shipped with the saw,
carefully machined and weighing about 30 lbs. This can be attached to
the rear of the machine somehow I believe. I hope mine doesn't rust too
much sitting in the corner. How can General ship a useless piece of
crap like their blade guard when there are better, removable aftermarket
solutions. ARE YOU GUYS ASLEEP UP THERE? DORMER VOUS?

I believe the piece you refer to will screw into the rear trunnion (through
the opening at the back of the saw), and can then be set and adjusted to
support the rear of the splitter/guard.

But once (it doesn't take long) you realize the splitter/guard is a PITA,
and serves you better in a drawer somewhere, then this 30lb piece reverts to
your original claim of being useless, and can be removed from the saw and
placed in the same drawer.

/rick.