Swingman

"patrick conroy" wrote in message

"Swingman" wrote in message

I am now heartily subscribing to the theory that you eventually reach an

age
where you become much more susceptible to airborne dust particles of any
type.

Mine is that it is a cumulative effect. Arithmetic, geometric or

exponential
curve, I have no idea. But I'm betting it is additive.

I agree ... I just got another real-world example of the lack of youthful
lungs when I was fairly close to a big tanker explosion on the freeway a
couple of days ago. My initial instinct to rush to the aid of someone close
to the inferno was quickly squelched by the fact that I could no longer
breath from the smoke and fumes by the time I got halfway there ... rather
than being the subject of a rescue, instead of a rescuer, I backed off when
I saw there were other's obviously faring better in the smoke than I was.

Another humbling lesson in the mind aging slower than the body ....

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04