Brian Dors

I would have the air flowing from the room the TV is in back into the
closet. If you think about how a TV naturally radiates heat, it normally
has the heat rise out the back. A slow fan sucking air would encourage
this. A fan blowing could perhaps end up pushing the heat down and keeping
it bottled inside the TV.

I would stick to a low RPM fan, and perhaps instead of wiring it to power up
with TV use a thermostat instead. Good luck, sounds like fun.

"Steve" wrote in message
I cut a hole in a wall to insert a 27"TV. The hole aligns with a stairway

on
the other side. (about 8 steps.) So the Tv fits into the empty space under
the stairs. Its a split level house. One level in front and two levels in
the back. 1/2 set of stairs lead down and another 1/2 set of stairs lead

up.

Not a huge space but enough to hold the TV. I'm concerned with the heat
generated by the TV causing the TV to overheat. I plan on installing a

small
fan to vent the space.

There is a large closet next to the space that I can cut a hole through to
put a small fan in.

Would I be better to Pull air into the space and it would exit out the

front
around the TV? Or should I turn the fan around and pull air out of the
space, sucking air in from around the front of the TV and blowing it into
the closet. ( the closet is always open. Its got louvered bi-fold doors).

The opening around the TV is about 1/2" on each side and 2" on the top.

I'm
going to put a remote temperature sensor inside the enclosure to see how

hot
it gets.

I hope to figure a way to have the fan turn on automatically when the TV
turns on?

This setup works out well. clears floor space in an already crowded room.

I started cutting the hole the other day while my wife was out shopping.

Ha,
ha ,ha!
She just shook her head!

TIA for any Ideas.