spearatune spearatune is offline
Junior Member

Default chimney breast removal

Hi recently i have moved into a semi detached house with alot of potential and i am enquiry about a chimney breast removal on the bottom floor upto the ceiling,the previous owners have made a cupboard into the chimney breast already and so all i want to do is take away the rest of the downstairs chimney breast,as they have taken some bricks away to put put the cupboard in i noticed the rest of the breast above the cupboard is supported with wooden supports,so my enquiry is, is it easy to take out the rest upto the ceiling and what permissions do i need and i would think it would have to be a steel lintel support above and not wood.I would appreciate any advice from anybody that would know.