MBQ

Andy Hall wrote in message . ..
On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 10:57:44 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 10:28:46 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 09:47:00 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Set Square" wrote in message

However, I'm faced with the question "Why would anyone conceivably

*want*
replace a conventional boiler with a combi?"

What a stupid question!! The advantages of combi boilers are well

known.

As are the disadvantages, such as the poor results when the available
water flow is poor.

As with any mains fed system.

And when the available water flow is good, the advantages fly.

Provided that the boiler is large enough for the application.

Of course, that is stating the obvious. Why would you have one too small?
Do you buy a motor bike to transport a family around? No. You buy a 4/5
seater car.

It is, but it is surprising how many people have 9lpm combis and 9lpm
water supplies and are disappointed.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Combis are like that other favourute, hot air heating. It's so easy to
end up with a bad installation. I have yet to come across a combi
(thankfully I have only had experience of 5) which performs well
either in terms of flow rate or temperature stabilty when other taps
are opened/closed.

MBQ