Australopithecus scobis

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 08:14:33 +0100, Jeff Gorman wrote:

The lever cap should be so adjusted that you can only just release the cam
with one finger. In this situation there should be no difficulty in
adjusting either the lateral lever or the feed screw.

On the theme of how great our physical senses are, I recall reading ages
ago about a study: Experimenters asked subjects to torque something "very
hard," "hard, but not too hard," "lightly," "not too lightly," and so
forth. Measured numerical torque values were very consistent across the
experimental group. So, your advice looks imprecise at first glance, but
my finger will understand exactly what you meant. Thanks.

Responding to a different post: The same finger whimpers when I think
about exposing it to my blades. I have an Ice Bear 10,000 stone riding
toward me in a Fedex truck this morning. "The Wells Fargo wagon is a
comin' round the bend / I wonder what it has for me?"

Hey, remember those old-timey safecrackers who'd sandpaper their fingers
to increase sensitivity? That fellow who wrote recently about making his
fingers bleed whilst learning to use a diamond stone was on the right
track!

--
"Keep your ass behind you"