Harry Conover

david wrote in message hlink.net...
hi,

I am using 3/4" OD aluminum tubing as balusters for deck rails. I need
to cut almost 400 of them to length. I was hoping for suggestions on
the most efficient and painless way to do this. I have woodworking
tools such as band saw, table saw, miter saws, jig saw, etc...

any advice appreciated...

thanks,

david
greenville, sc

Go to Home Depot and purchase a couple of their carbide impregnated
fiber metal cutting blades for you table saw. I use them for curring
aluminum tubing in my radial arm saw and they work like a champ.
(Unfortanately, they do produce an odor that smells like a wet dog!)

I've also used them to cut steel rods and angle iron, but in cutting
steel they produce a lot of very hot sparks, so be sure to clean out
all traces of wood sawdust before using one on a woodworking machine,
and keep a fire extinguisher or a bucket of water close at hand.

Harry C.