Larry Bud

Don't you think hurricanes hitting Florida is pretty common?

I bet the uninsured toll from Frances will be higher in states all the way from
Georgia to Ohio than it was in Florida.
Most of those people do not pay for any hurricane insurance.

They might not have hurricane insurance, but people can buy insurance
to cover this type of damage.

What's your solution, just to abandon the 4th largest state (population) in the union?

Make these people understand that this will be the last time they get
federal handouts, that if they CHOOSE to be underinsured and live in a
high risk area, the government isn't going to be there for them if
they make another stupid decision to rebuild without proper insurance.

You will also have to include the entire Gulf coast and the eastern seaboard.
Most of the damage you do see is in mobile home parks and on the beach. I
already said we probably should not be subsidizing people who rebuild on
barrier islands but the same would have to apply to people who live on flood
plains.
That can be in virtually any state. They are flooding in Tennessee as we speak
... from a hurricane.

A flood planes are known areas by insurance companies. They've
flooded in the past, and will flood again in the future. We KNOW
this. Yet people rebuild, and somehow are SHOCKED that, egads, a
RIVER actually flooded?