S. M. Henning

(Wyatt Wright) wrote:

Considering that I can get an L110 with 42"
cut and a 17.5 hp kohler for $1800, and a LT150 with a 15hp engine and
38" for $2500, greasing the front axle everytime I add gas doesn't
seem like that much of an issue. I would appreciate other's opinions.

I don't see many people posting their opinions or experiences with
Toro riders. I have worked with the dealer near me and have been
satisfied with his service.

I would first recommend a tractor with a cast iron engine or at least
cast iron sleeves like the Kohler. They will last forever. Second, I
would recommend a brand with a local dealer and parts department. They
are easy to fix and there are accessories that one wants to add once in
a while. I have owned a Wheelhorse (pre Toro) for a long time, about 20
years and it does an excellent job and has proved very reliable. I have
the rear discharge mower and love it. It doesn't throw grass in the
road or in flower beds and can be used with an inexpensive sweeper. I
used a friends Simplicity once and think they probably do the best job
of mowing of any product on the market. They have very fine control of
the height and leave a manicured appearance that the others don't. My
neighbors have John Deere, Cub Cadet, and Husqvarnas. They do a good
job, but no better than my Wheelhorse and some don't have a read
discharge mower available. The new Toros are virtually identical and
have interchangeable parts.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to

http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman