Eide

What about Canada? Brazil? Australia? Iceland?
It's not because we do those things, there are a lot of other peoples that
do those things. I think the US is too headstrong. We think that the rest of
the world needs to live like we do.

It's like when your wife or girlfriend really wants to have a cookie. The
guilt of "sneaking" a cookie is too much, so instead of just having a
cookie, she brings a plate of them and sets them in front of you - so you
can both have cookies. Shared guilt.

Or, when the bully in the playground gets told he's a jerk. He then replies,
"nope, you're the jerk." And punches the kid in the mouth.
He's too insecure to do anything else.

Eide

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 10:57:21 -0400, "Eide"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 09:29:54 -0400, "Eide"
wrote:

That "sharp sword" has _really_ done well so far!

Indeed. Toppling two regimes, wiping out 80% of the leadership of a
global terror organization and freeing 50,000,000 people from
totalitarian governments.

To what end? A mission accomplished? I don't like the idea of a war on
terrorism - it gives the warlord a never ending supply of enemies. There
can
never be an end to such a war. We definitely need to look at the log in
our
own eye on this issue, i.e. why are we a target?

Why are we a target? You mean other than a 12th century culture
clashing headlong with a 21st century one, while the warlords and
fundimentalists drive the Jihad for their own personal power base and
enrichment?

Gunner

"In my humble opinion, the petty carping levied against Bush by
the Democrats proves again, it is better to have your eye plucked
out by an eagle than to be nibbled to death by ducks." - Norman
Liebmann