Andy Hall

Default 2 port Vs 3 port central heating valves

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 00:42:45 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

On a far simpler valve you have a failure rate far higher than the more
troublesome mid-position 3 port valve. Sounds like the system was faulty
somewhere.

There was nothing much else to it so I can't see that that would
influence anything

The fitting position was on the return in one of the recommended
positions so no clue there either.

I even went to the trouble of exercising the heating at least weekly
during the summer months so that the valve wouldn't stick. The
failures weren't at any particular time of year.

Correct and sufficient inhibitor can lubricate valve mechanisms.

I did all of that religiously

A two pump
casting Grundfoss Tee setup can be used instead of any 3-port valve,
mid-position or diverter.

Interesting idea and I believe not much different in cost to a
conventional set of pump and valve.

---

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl