Charles Lerner

Michael Baglio wrote in message . ..
On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 01:57:34 GMT, Phisherman wrote:

On 8 Sep 2004 17:33:35 -0700, (gmpatti) wrote:

My wife wants me to build a buffet for the dining room, and paint it
black. (I am loathe to do it, but a happy wife makes for a happy
workshop).

Poplar takes paint better than pine, although white pine is lighter.
If you decide to go with pine, use a good underbody/primer. Douglas
fir is not too bad either.

Ditto what Ph-man said. A high-gloss black paint job is only going to
look as good as the primer job you do on the bare wood.

And _don't_ cringe at your wife's choice quite yet. Although it's not
my cup o' tea, I have seen black-painted casework that was just
stunning. Very classy. We rag, (no pun intended), on paint all the
time around here but wrongly so, imo. Concentrate on the primer job,
and your black paint job is going to look really elegant. Scrimp on
the primer, or hurry the application, and your paint job is going to
look hacked.

Take your time, and post pictures. Best of luck,

Michael

How do you "rag on paint"? Specifically, what kind of paint (oil,
latex) do you use and how thin do you make it? Do you have to use a
brush for inside corners, etc?

Thanks.

Charles