Peter Teubel

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 18:51:22 -0400, "harryc" wrote:

I want to use a double end mandrel so I can put a buffer on each end of the
mandrel and mandrel shaft will run off the motor with a pulley. One adaptor
came with the system(right hand thread)but nothing for the left side with
left hand thread. The adaptor reduces the 5/8 shaft to 1/2 inc shaft so the
buffers can be attached. Anyone know what I can do about the left side of
the double end mandrel

I have 4 long shaft motors that I converted to dedicated buffers. They run about 1600RPM. I simply used loctite to secure the
threads and have had no trouble with unwinding on the left side.

Peter Teubel
Milford, MA
http://www.revolutionary-turners.com