Guy Macon

Mark & Juanita says...

Guy Macon http://www.guymacon.com wrote:

Dave Hinz says...

The .moderated group was brought up by a non-participant of the
rec.woodworking newsgroup for unknown reasons. As such, discussing
that person's non-participation in the group is relevant to the
discussion.

Actually, the proposed moderator's non-participation in the group is
relevant to the discussion, but the proponent's non-participation
is irrelevant. Iit shouldn't matter who makes the proposal; the
proposal stands or falls on it's own merits. The moderator, on the
other hand, will have total control over the group, and thus discussing
his character, abilities, and commitment is very much on-topic.

If you will check the proposal, the proposed moderator and the proponent
are one and the same entity; thus the discussion of both is equivalent and
thus germaine to the topic at hand.

I realize that they are the same person in this case. I was
encouraging the woodworkers to use the correct "this moderator
stinks! vote no!" instead of the incorrect "this proponemt stinks!
vote no!." (note: I have no opinion as to whether the proponent/
moderator actually stinks. I am just advising those wh think he
does.)