Gary

Default English Wooden Planes

Today, while passing through Greensboro, North Carolina, SWMBO and I stopped
at an antique mall on Randleman Rd. They tout to be the largest antique
mall in 8 states, however they are going out of business. Everything was
70% off. They have a large number of wooden planes, mostly English
Sheffield brand. Most were orginally priced at $45 so they can be purchased
for around $13.50 each. There were several smoothing planes, a few
jointers, and a bunch of different types of molding planes.

I bought a 7 1/2" smoothing plane. It was in really good shape so obviously
not too old. The iron had "Hearnshaw Bros.", and "Sheffield" stamped on
it. On the front of the plane body is stamped "Zyto" and "reg" I think.. I
suppose these peices could possibly not be orginal parts of the same plane.
I paid $13.50 for it. I don't know what the value of it is, I just liked
the looks of it.

Perhaps I have passed up the bargain of the century but I don't know the
value of these planes.

Gary