Gunner

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 15:00:10 GMT, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 09:29:54 -0400, "Eide"
wrote:

That "sharp sword" has _really_ done well so far!

Indeed. Toppling two regimes, wiping out 80% of the leadership of a
global terror organization and freeing 50,000,000 people from
totalitarian governments.

Not bad hey?

Not bad if you're playing Conqueror of the World and you don't mind having a
thousand or so of your troops killed in the process. But what if your job is
to defend the United States, and its people?

Still works out just fine. Remember the Cole? Leon Klinghoffer?
Various airliners that were turned into lawn darts?

Frankly Ed. the US could have conqured the world after WW2. We didnt.
Nor are we doing so now.
However..we are indeed making sure that the rest of the world plays
nice. One dead tango at a time.

Seems we are going into partnership with Russia now as well..should
make for interesting body counts.

Those boys never cared much about "collateral damage"

Im still in favor of the Pax Americana doctrine though..

Gunner

Ed Huntress

"In my humble opinion, the petty carping levied against Bush by
the Democrats proves again, it is better to have your eye plucked
out by an eagle than to be nibbled to death by ducks." - Norman
Liebmann