TURTLE

"Larry Bud" wrote in message
om...
"TURTLE" wrote in message

"Larry Bud" wrote in message
m...
While I hope everybody is well after the pounding Florida took again,
I have to wonder why we put up with the Federal Government paying for
natural disasters that occur year after year. If you can't afford
the proper insurance for the disasters that hit your area, MOVE.

We all know Florida and the Carolinas get hammered by hurricanes,
California has earthquates and forest fires, Oklahoma has tornados,
and those who live in a flood plane of a river get floods, and those
who live at the base of a volcano get covered in lava, yet tax payers
are forced to reimburse those people who CONTINUE to rebuild in the
exact same spot time after time, knowing those places will get hit
again in the future. Frankly, I'm tired of it.

This is Turtle.

Larry , Before Flood insurance came along , the Federal government was

repairing
and replacing homes for nothing after hurricans and it became too much cost

take. So the Federal Government came up with Flood insurance and stop paying

for
home repairs for nothing. The money taken up for flood insurance will take

care
of all the losses due to flooding or weather damage.

Good, so you are paying for flood insurnace like a good responsible
person. If all the people had the proper amount of insurance,
Congress wouldn't have to have a special $2 billion appropriation.

This is Turtle.

Let me explain to you what the money was for here. It was not to fix homes but
to fix utilitys, roads, food for people out of their homes, place to let them
stay while they are flooded out, the public officals to get the mess cleaned up
after the flood. Washed out roads , food and help to people out of their homes
and public building repair does not come cheap these days. Paying for flooded
out homes has nothing to do with the 2 Bil. in ade for flood insurance takes
care of anybody with flood insurance and nothing to ones with no flood
insurance.

Your mixing state ade and flood insurance together and they are totally
different programs.

TURTLE