Bill Rogers

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 12:55:17 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

Having said all that, I would still oppose a moderated group... there are
plenty of web forums for people who want that sort of stuff.

Sorry I missed the original posting. However, I have major problems
with a moderated group. The moderator sits on a very high horse.
Having no other choice, I'd rather put up with the B.S. that is easily
filtered out as the alternative. A good newsreader allows you to list
according to headers in the same thread, so they are all lumped
together, and readily deleted.

That said, the OT posters are still the most ignorant people I have
ever had the displeasure to meet. They are totally arrogant and
self-serving, and common courtesy is not in their vocabulary. There
is no need for them to post completely OT, even if labelled as such.
They do it, like little children and spammers, simply to show that
they can. It shows clearly their mentality. If they had more than
one brain cell between them they'd be able to form their own
discussion group elsewhere. That done, there'd be a lot more decent
people posting relevant topics for discussion, making this newsgroup
what it should be; informative about woodworking.

So, no moderation, but those responsible for the OT crap should know
that they are seen to be as stupid and ignorant as they make
themselves out to be. Now watch for their intelligent replies.

Bill.