Mike in Idaho

For what it's worth I'm not particularly opposed to a moderated
woodworking newsgroup, but I wouldn't visit it if it did exist. The
reason is I occasionally enjoy the off topic comments (especially Tom
Watson's stories for example) and the flame wars can go nicely with
lunch too And I'm always looking for a bargain so the occasional
FS and FA postings generate a click from me. They're easily ignored
if I want to and that's okay too.

I prefer rec.woodworking as is and not a watered down version. So,
now that I've blathered on, if you're wanting to know if this is a
vote for, against, or an abstain, since there hasn't been much support
for one (I wouldn't stand in the way) I'll vote no for now.

Thanks,
Mike

Guy Macon http://www.guymacon.com wrote in message ...
Dear Woodworkers:

news.groups is for discussions about the creation of new newsgroups.

If you have a comment about whether to create rec.woodworking.moderated
please post it to rec.woodworking and news.groups.

If you have a comment about anything else, please post it to
rec.woodworking only without crossposting it to news.groups.

We have a job to do, and do not need the additional noise from
you crossposting your flamewars here.

Thanks in advance for helping.