Gary Brady

I've made one of these air dryers described below. More of a ladder than a
coil with a drain valve a the bottom. It sits in a bucket of ice water. It
pulls out a cup or so of water after a short time of use. If anyone wants
to see a picture, let me know.

--
Gary Brady
Austin, TX

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
(snip In the meantime, I've heard many times of guys taking a length of
copper refrigeration tubing and bending it into a coil which then gets
submerged in cold water. After emerging it goes into a dryer, then into
a coalescing filter. I scrounged a piece of 1/2" copper tubing 100' long
back in the '80s but have never had the nerve to try to bend a neat
spiral. It's awful easy to kink tubing during bending. Lots of guys tell
you to do this but no one to my knowledge has yet actually described how,
ideally with pictures.

Grant

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

I am thinking about buying (or building) a compressed air dryer.

Any suggestions?

I note that Harbor Freight has one available..

Has anyone had any experience with this unit?

Thanks in advance for any advice you could offer.

TMT