B.B.

In article ,
(Rileyesi) wrote:

||I am thinking about buying (or building) a compressed air dryer.
||Any suggestions?

An old refrigerator with a heat exchanger inside (coils of copper tubing) ,
air
enters and exits through the side walls of the fridge.

You would also need something to get the condensed water out of the system.
Usually, a ping tank with a drain valve will work. The water will collect at
the bottom of the tank and it will be spit out when the drain valve is pulled.

Another option would be an air dryer used in a pnuematic truck brake system.
The only one I know by name is the Bendix AD-4. The problem is that it might
not have the capacity for the amount of air you would need.

Bendix has a neat little "Everflow" module you can use to gang two
dryers together and have endless capacity. Other makers have their own
variants, but I can't remember any of the market names for 'em.
You can probably find the highest volume air dryers on scrapped buses
and garbage trucks--including the two-headed variety of dryer. But
you'll almost always need to replace the desiccant on anything you dig
out of the scrap yard.

B.B. --I am not a goat! thegoat4 at airmail.net