On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 19:18:15 -0400, "R.Smyth" wrote:

I have a TV antenna as a back up to my dish.
I believe the head end unit of the antenna amplifier is defective. It is on
the antenna.The twin lead from the antenna connection goes in one end and
the coax goes on the other. The coax then goes to a plug in unit in the
house which is connected to the TV.
Is this unit on the antenna a special device or is it nothing more than a
standard converter from 250 ohm twin lead to 75 ohm coax?
If so, that will save me buying a whole new amplifier.
Thanks
DS

=^..^=

Does the plug in unit at the TV also plug into a wall socket? If not
you do not have an amplifier. You have a impedance, balance to
unbalanced transformer.