N. Thornton

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message .net...
CFLs are the solution, but dont be caught out by the one issue: the
stated equivalent powers are unrealistic, as they are comparisons with
a different type of bulb than everyone expects.

I'm not sure I quite buy that. I think the equivalency is about right, but
you must run the bulb for five minutes before you make the comparison.

Christian.

theyre compared to soft light bulbs, which have lower light output
than standard GLS ones.

Unfortunately this dim practice is their downfall, as it has led to
the popular perception that their light is inferior.

Regards, NT