raden

In message , Bob Mannix
writes

"raden" wrote in message

I've just discovered that my neighbour who has just sold his house
removed all but the exposed chimney

What exactly do you mean here?

Yes, the chimney in the living room and the bedroom has been remover,
leaving only what's in the loft

it's a party wall

Which local gov't department do I go to to get this cowboy?

They are unlikely to "get" him but ring the local district council and ask
for building control (as someone else has said).

For your own purposes, if (as I assume) you believe the structural integrity
of the party wall has been compromised, you should contact a surveyor
yourself.

I know it's been posted before, but this is the first time I've used a
computer and I don't know how to google for the answer

If you wish to use Google, click on "Groups" on the Google main page, then
"Advanced Groups Search" and fill in appropriate boxes for the search.

Sorry, but I was taking the **** a bit there
(because I know how I would have answered)

--
geoff