LRod

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 00:37:38 +0000, "Vito Kuhn"
wrote:

I've given this a little more thought and have the following
observations and opinions:

RATIONALE: rec.woodworking.moderated

This group is proposed as a moderated global forum for the discussion
of woodworking topics. The group is a moderated subgroup of
rec.woodworking (The Wreck, as it is commonly referred to by
subscribers), which is averaging more than 10,000 posts per month
in 2004.

Reasons for creating a moderated version of rec.woodworking:

1-To ensure that woodworking remains the only topic of discussion

*****************************
/begin hidden agenda

2-To help divide the traffic of busy newsgroup that is very difficult to keep up with

/end hidden agenda
*****************************

3-To provide a family-safe environment to discuss woodworking topics,
free of foul language and pornography links

4-To offer woodworkers a higher signal to noise ratio than
rec.woodworking provides

Basically this is just another way of suggesting "split the wreck," a
proposal that has been suggested many times before and roundly
excoriated each time some self important, know-it-most newbie proposes
it by the regular users of the Wreck. I have no expectations but that
it will be scuttled yet again.

MODERATOR INFO: rec.woodworking.moderated

Moderator: Susan Welchel
Moderator: Vito Kuhn

Frankly, other than the fact that the proposed moderator(s) apparently
can't keep up with the Wreck traffic (see highlighted area above), I
couldn't care less if they want to take their dolls and...er, start a
new newsgroup. I do think they need to delete all (TM)'ed references,
such as "the Wreck," "jummy wood," and "klown hammer" or any
derivatives or diminuitives in their activities. Most real Wreckers
won't want to have any association with "wreck liters" (TM, here and
now).

Administrative contact address:

Article submission address:

Proponent: Vito Kuhn

I suggest an email alias of in order to conform
with the "truth in advertising" concept.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net