Bill Schnakenberg

Greg wrote:

BTW I am not sure we are really getting that big a government handout. My
insurance is almost $3000 a year for $100,000 of coverage with a $4000
deductible, per occurance and per policy.
If I have a flood and wind damage that is TWO deductibles and if that is over 2
storms it could be FOUR deductibles.
The FEMA help is a low interest LOAN that they expect to have paid back.
I assume they will tag your income tax returns

If you live in an area that may have 2, 3, or more, hurricanes a year,
and you are complaining about your insurance rates, then move to another
area. If you want to continue to live in a tropical paradise, then live
with its tropical storms.
I live in a area that rarely has hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes, or
forest fires. In the 20 years I have lived here, my insurance company
has made a total of $250 in claims to me because of spoiled food due to
a 74 hour power outage. FEMA doesn't even know where I live.
Don't get me wrong. I don't want to see anyone die, but those million
dollar yachts all bunched together in one pile didn't elicit an ounce of
sympathy from me.