"Peter" wrote in message

"L" wrote in message
I have a Kelvinator fridge/freezer about 6 years old. The fridge part

is
the type that freezes, then defrosts so that water runs down the back

wall
and drains away through a hole in the back......recently a lump of ice

keeps
forming at the bottom of the back wall and diverting the water in to the
floor of the fridge (then on to the kitchen floor)...the fridge is on

the
top and the freezer bit underneath if this matters....anyone have a clue
what is causing this and what I can do to stop/cure it? I have

defrosted
the freezer a couple of times and hoped that switching off at the mains

and
then reswitching on would do the trick, but it made no difference.

Any thoughts/advice welcome.

Sounds like the insulation has broken down at point. From what you

describe
you have a wet wall cabinet in that the metal evaporator is behind the
plastic rear liner of the cabinet, where the pipes inside the foamed

cabinet
come up from the freezer to this plate they are quite close, the

insulation
between them has broken down causing a cold spot and ice to form.

Peter

Thanks Peter - is this likely to mean the fridge temperature cannot be
trusted - or is it safe to keep using for as long as I can be bothered to
keep mopping up the floor?